Rule 1: Prints must be physically printable on the Lulzbot Taz 6.
Rule 2: Submit only one project per request (a single project may contain multiple files).
Rule 3: Print files require approval
Cura LulzBot Edition is the free software that we use for all of our printing. It can be downloaded onto your own computer from http://www.lulzbot.com/cura.
Once you've done this basic setup, you can load your .stl file to preview the size, weight, and even time to print.
1) Select LulzBot TAZ 6 as the printer type.
2) Material Type is PolyLite PLA (Polymaker).
3) The Generate Support option is the biggest impact on weight. If your print has any overhangs, you'll need to toggle this on to get an accurate weight estimate.
4) This will tell you the dimensions of your print (height x width x length). STL files always load with mm as the unit, so verify that your print is the size you need. If you want to change the size of your print, you can use the resize tool from the left hand column.
5) Print Weight will tell you how much material is needed to print. The exact weight will depend on various settings, including the infill %, supports and support %, but size and design will make the most difference.
Extra Info: Use the Layer View option to switch from viewing the imported model to viewing a preview of how the item will actually be printed. This is very useful for revealing potential issues with high detail areas and showing where support will be needed.