NOTE: You do not need to create your own account and playlist to post videos into Canvas or view them in class. You can always simply post video links using the instructions on the right. However, creating an account will allow you to put various video segments together into one playlist with one link.
CREATING AN ACCOUNT
1. Once in Nursing Education and Video, Select "Sign in" and then "create new account."
2. Browse the videos using the subject menu or use the search at the top of the page. (Note that there is also an advanced search.)
CREATING A PLAYLIST
1. Once you've found a video, click on the "Select item," below the video to add the entire video to a playlist. Or, only add shorter clips by selecting the scissors icon for Make a Clip.
2. Add to an existing playlist, or create a new playlist. You can include your own playlist annotation to your students. Make sure that you use the dropdown to allow "Everyone at my institution" to see the playlist. Otherwise, your students may not be able to access your playlist.
3. You can always select "Playlists" from the grey bar near the top of the page and then "My Playlists" to edit your playlists. Select your playlist and then look for the Embed/Link option. Copy the Permalink playlist url and add it to Canvas following the instructions on the right.
To embed videos, just select "Embed/Link" at the top of your video and then copy the link into Canvas.