The Exam Lab administers make-up exams, exams for students with testing accommodations, exams from other institutions ($25 proctor charge), distance learning exams, and professional licensure and certification exams. Staffed by professional, non-student proctors, the Exam Lab schedules, administers, monitors, and regulates all examinations given.
Please remember these general policies:
- All test takers are expected to adhere to LCCC’s Student Code of Conduct. Talking is considered cheating. Students caught talking or cheating during testing may have their exam confiscated and the incident reported to their instructor.
- When checking in, test takers must complete the Tester Information Form. All students taking an LCCC exam will need to provide their instructor’s name, course name, course number, section number, and exam name. All testers must also present a photo ID (driver’s license, student ID, etc.). Exam Lab personnel will not administer an exam to a student without a photo ID and complete course/exam information.
- All fees are expected to be paid before a test taker begins an exam. Cash, check and credit card are accepted.
- Only exam takers are permitted in the Exam Lab; no children or unauthorized guests (persons meeting DSS identified needs, are excepted).
- Cell phones and other technology, unless pre-approved, are not allowed. Turn off and stow in a locker all electronic devices, including watches and wearable technology (Apple Watch, etc.).
- Hats, coats, scarves, gloves, backpacks, wallets, purses, keys, and all other personal items must be stowed in lockers.
- Calculators and testing supplies, including approved note cards and formula sheets, will be examined before use.
- Once an exam has started, students must remain in the Exam Lab until completion. Leaving the lab during the exam may result in termination of the exam.
- Exams will not be started unless there is enough time allowed to complete the exam. For example, if an exam is allowed two hours, it must be started at least two hours before closing time.
- Food and drink are not allowed in the Exam Lab. Drinks can be left in the Exam Lab lobby.
- Exams will be collected at closing time regardless of completion.
- At the completion of the exam, sign out with the Exam Lab proctor. All scratch paper and testing materials must be turned in to the proctor.